Texas Food Handler + TABC Certification Package provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques you will need to be a responsible seller-server of alcohol. Specifically, you will learn the laws regulating sale or service of alcoholic beverages to minors, intoxicated persons, and non-members of a private club; how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability; how alcohol affects your customers; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone; how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors; how to prevent second-party sales; and how to refuse a sale.
After completing the TABC Seller/Server course, the student will be able to:
- Define terms used in this course
- Describe the purpose, goals, and rules for seller-server training and certification
- Identify the seller-serverâs role in the enhancement of public safety
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID
- Use observations to detect that a minor is attempting to purchase alcohol.
- Recognize second-party sales
- Describe how seller-servers are responsible for the acts of their customers (Dram Shop Act).
- Recognize intoxicated individuals
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated
- List factors that affect BAC in individuals
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict
- Discuss the seller-serverâs responsibilities and obligations under the Texas law concerned with preventing alcohol sales to minors, intoxicated persons, and non-members of a private club
After completing the Texas Food Handler course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss food safety, its importance, and those who enforce it.
- Identify foodborne illness and its causes
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Describe temperature control.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food.
- Discuss cleaning and sanitization.
The Following Courses Are Included In This Package:
|Course Name||Industry||Course Delivery|
|Learn2Serve: TABC Seller-Server Training||Food and Beverage Programs||Online Interactive|
|Texas Food Handler Training Course||Food and Beverage Programs||Online Interactive
This package will cover the following topics:
TABC Alcohol Server/Seller Certification
- Lesson 1: TABC Seller-Server Training Overview
- Lesson 2: Minors and Alcohol Sales
- Lesson 3: Intoxicated Persons and Alcohol Sales
- Lesson 4: Other Permits Texas Food Handler
Texas Food Handler Training Course Topics
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Illness, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants Lesson 4: Temperature and Time Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
End of Course Instructions
The final exam in each course must be passed with a 70 percent or higher.
To begin enrollment, click HERE