This package includes a training and exam specifically approved for Louisiana. Get your LA Bar Card by completing the training AND passing the exam. After passing the training, you will receive a code to unlock the exam. The training teaches you how to be a responsible seller of alcohol and how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability. You will learn how alcohol affects the body; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone; how to prevent and deal with disturbances; how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors; how to prevent second-party sales; and how to refuse a sale.
After successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
The Following Courses Are Included In This Package:
|Course Name||Industry||Course Delivery|
|Learn2Serve Louisiana Responsible Vendor||Food and Beverage Programs||Online Interactive|
|Learn2Serve Louisiana Responsible Vendor Exam||Food and Beverage Programs||Online Interactive
This course will cover the following topics:
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
Lesson 7: Louisiana Specific Regulations
End of Course Instructions
360training will submit your completion record to the Louisiana Alcohol and Tobacco Control within 10 days of completion after successful completion of the course exam.
Each quiz must be passed with a 70 percent or higher to proceed to the next lesson.
The final exam must be successfully passed with a 70% or higher to receive the certificate of completion.
What is a Louisiana Bar Card? How Do You Get It?
Before you can serve or sell alcohol in the state of Louisiana, all employees and vendors are required to complete the Responsible Vendor class and acquire the RV Server Permit, also known as LA Bar Card.
How Do You Get Louisiana Bar Card?
The Learn2serve Responsible Vendor Training course is available online, anytime and includes the RV Server Permit exam that you need to pass so you can acquire your LA ATC-approved Bar Card. Here is the process on how to acquire a Louisiana Bar Card:
1. Enroll in a LA-ATC approve online Responsible Vendor Training Course
2. Complete the online course
3. Pass the RV Server Permit Exam
4. Acquire LA-ATC approved Bar Card