This course provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques you need to be a responsible seller of alcohol. Specifically, you will learn how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability; how alcohol affects your customers; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone; how to prevent and deal with disturbances; how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors; how to prevent second-party sales; and how to refuse a sale.
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
This course covers the following topics:
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
Lesson 7: Arizona Laws and Regulations
Learn2Serve Arizona On-Premises Title 4 Basic Training and Certification Exam - Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control
- Name: Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control
- Phone: 602-364-1936
- Fax: 602-542-6799
- Website URL: http://www.azliquor.gov/
- Email Address:
- Address:800 West Washington St. 5th Floor
- City: Phoenix
- State: AZ
- Zip: 85007
All quizzes must be passed with a 70% or higher to move to next quiz.
The final exam must be successfully passed with a 70% or higher to receive the certificate of completion.